Step 1. Check prerequisites
- Currently, you need a computer running the Windows or Mac OS X operating system
- You need to have Java 8 installed
Step 2. Download ProcessPAIR tool
The ProcessPAIR tool, version 3.1, is available as a self executable jar file (Java archive) from the following links:
- Windows 64 bits operating system with Java 8 64 bits installed (preferred option!): download ProcessPAIR_Win.jar;
- Windows operating system with Java 8 32 bits installed: download ProcessPAIR_Win32.jar;
- Mac OS X operating system: download ProcessPAIR_Mac.jar.
Step 3. Download calibration file
Download ProcessPAIRCalibration.xml. This is a calibration file needed by ProcessPAIR. It was generated from a large PSP data set referring to more than 3,000 PSP students.
Step 4. (Optional) Download examples of inputs files
Before trying ProcessPAIR with your own data, you may find useful to test ProcessPAIR with one of the following data files, with performance data from PSP users:
- SEI PSP Student Workbook export file: download and indicate this file as input file in ProcessPAIR; the file is password protected but our tool will be able to open it.
- Process Dashboard export file: download and uncompress the zip file; then indicate the “data.xml” file as input file in ProcessPAIR.
Step 5. Run ProcessPAIR
- Windows : just execute by double clicking the ProcessPAIR_Win.jar (or Win32) file
- Alternatively, execute from the command line: java -jar ProcessPAIR_Win.jar (or Win32)
- Mac OS X: execute the command: java -jar -XstartOnFirstThread ProcessPAIR_Mac.jar
See the Introduction to ProcessPAIR tutorial for instructions on how to use ProcessPAIR.
Step 6. Generate Final Report Template
- Click on “Generate Final Report” button
- Specify location to save the the HTML file (Final
- Open the HTML file, select (Ctrl+A) and copy (Ctrl+C) all the contents to MS word file for further discussion